Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm heading to Haiti!

In thirteen days I’ll be making my way to Haiti. This will be my fourth trip to the poorest nation in the western hemisphere…I’ll be traveling and serving with 8 amazing people. The 2009 team is Daniel Warner, Alyssa Zimmer, David DeWall, Meg Chilcott, Dustin Clark, Marianne Borkowski, Sharon Segal and my teaching partner for nearly 10 years…Bob Deppen. There is an excitement about this particular trip that’s undeniable. These guys are ready to go and ready to serve.

Haiti has rocked my heart more than any one place on Earth. Moving through the streets of Cap Haitian, the islands second largest city, is surreal. The poverty just smothers you. In spite of such dire surroundings, the Haitian people are remarkable. They have a joy and serenity that is quiet different from the kind that comes from possessions, status and success. They realize so little of those things. If we come to mind…please pray for us. Hopefully, we will be sending out video reports at the end of each day. You can access them at whoisgrace.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike this is great! How do I get a friend hooked up to be able to go to Haiti in March she is an RN, she has done missions work in the past and has been praying to find out where god wants her to be. She feels this is where God is calling her to be & needs information on who to contact.

Please contact me at 449-8915

Thanks,
Karen Stiles