Thursday, February 19, 2009

A competitive person will find few things more satisfying than being the one to cross the finish line first. Winning floods us with buckets full of gratification and to be honest…I like winning as much as anyone. The funny thing is that for the past 36 years, God has been building into me a whole different kind of motivation---how to lose. The Christian life is a life of great losses. My selfish center always wants to come in first; the true Christ follower learns how to come in last. Paul said: “For Christ’s sake I have lost everything!” That “everything” included his life.

I will never amount to anything for Christ until I attend my own funeral and place all that is my life at the curb. It’s a thought by thought process of owning this one biblical statement. He must become greater; I must become less.

No comments: