Wednesday, July 09, 2008

full potential

Clean Slate Living Principle: A huge pet peave for me is when I don't live up to my full potential in Christ. The life of a Christ follower is very different than those who take full responsibility for their actions-plans-dreams-investments...etc and exclude God from the equation. A Christ follower abides. Jesus said "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man abides in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

What a dramatic difference; bearing much fruit or achieving nothing! Abiding means to dwell with...to adhere to. Every day is a clean slate. Today, I can re-align my thoughts and actions to the desires of Christ and let Him do through me what I cannot do by myself. My full potential at any given moment is simply this. Let Christ soak into my words, thoughts, reactions, assumptions, and preferences.

No comments: