Wednesday, July 02, 2008

fresh start...


Several weeks ago, our communications director Danielle, asked the pastors to consider blogging as a way to interact with people from Grace. I started...having no idea what to do or how to do it. I also have no sense that anyone even reads my blog so I’ve just been posting snapshots of my life and some of the things I’ve been learning. My wife commented that I tend to sermonize a bit. That’s true…I do see everything as a potential opportunity to point to God and the pastor in me takes over. I’ve changed the title of this blog more than once and finally landed on Today Is A Clean Slate. I honestly believe that. Starting today and each to follow, I’m going to remind myself of this explosive truth. “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” This speaks of a freshness beyond compare. Our God has expansive love and endless compassion. These are the ingredients of mercy. Starting today…I’m re-embracing the following statement made by most likely Jeremiah. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.” The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. Lamentations 3:22-26

Who doesn’t want their portion? We have a deep need to receive our share of whatever. How wild for the child of God to know and embrace the truth that God Himself is our portion. I honestly can’t say I understand all that this means but I believe the fresh impact of a personal God is waiting everyday. I’m going for it and I'll be writing down my adventure here. Be extraordinary today!

No comments: