Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thanks C!

It was fun to use my buddy C as part of the weekend sermon. So many people came up to him after the service to say "hello." His new found fame kind of freaked him out.

After church, I spent the whole afternoon hanging with C in my yard as we all celebrated father's day. He put on a clinic demonstrating his dependence on us as he nearly fell into the pond, tried to uproot my plants, flipped over his bike, hung upside down from the glider, ate a buffets worth of yard junk, chased biting bugs, chewed on his shoe, yanked his sisters hair and downed my piece of pie. Yep, he confirmed that I’m one of his support people and I LOVE MY JOB!

I gain a glimpse of God’s love for all of us when I watch the C. Personally, He has walked into my messes and feeble attempts to soar on my own. He has wiped clean my wounds and protects me from evil. Happy Father of fathers Day!

No comments: