Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Russert

Tim Russert seemed like the real deal. A man who stood for something bigger than himself. I loved his enthusiasm when he dug into a politically charged discussion. Politics has never really lit me up but when I wanted a responsible point of view politically, I always favored hearing from Tim. Beyond politics, I think his biggest contribution to culture has been the discussion that he started on parenting via his two books. Big Russ and Me, a tribute to his father and Wisdom of our Fathers. When Tim was promoting the first book, thousands of people shared with him how their own dads impacted their lives. He received 55,000 emails and read every one of them. He compiled many of those stories in Wisdom.

Tim was an only son and he only had one child himslef…his son Luke. Take a minute to listen to an amazing tribute from a son to his dad on his first Fathers Day without him.

No comments: