Tuesday, November 11, 2008

proud dad

I love being a father! My girls bring me so much joy and I could not be prouder of the women they have become. They love God in word and action. They also know the power that comes from a a friendship with Jesus. My middle daughter Ellen is already pouring faith into her two small kids. My oldest daughter Paula is about to experience an incredible adventure. She is leaving Friday for Dublin to work with Holly Davis, an american missionary called to raise up youth leaders in Ireland. I spent the day with her yesterday and she is greatly excited about this unique opportunity God has granted her. Please offer a prayer for protection and that a rich dose of God's power would rest on her as she teaches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have followed the LORD and have been blessed with a family that is now living what you have instilled in them. I wish I could say the same. Living in the despair of the backwash of bad decisions is difficult while watching your family self destruct. I believe there is no greater pain than in what I have done nor no greater joy that what you see in your family. Thank God for examples like you pastor Mike. May God bless you more and more.

Michael Watson said...

Dear Anonymous!

Please don't give up! Your story is not over. You can begin pouring into your family no matter where they are in life. I lived through several really bad years that had a dramatic effect on my children. I thought I had ruined them. I turned to God with my whole heart and laid all my shortcomings before Him. Slowly...things began to brighten and life moved back into my family. I'm praying for you!