Friday, March 28, 2008

thoughts from 02

I found this poem I wrote back in 02 while on vacation. I had just concluded a grueling few months of activity and from re-reading the poem...I guess I needed a break.

Time Piece

Sometimes…I’m sick of time.
This strong current of seconds, minutes and hours elapsing,
never to be revisited.

It’s always there, reminding me of where I need to be
and it seems that so little of it is mine to use as I wish.

“It’s time for this and time for that” I hear them say,
I just wish they’d go away and let me savor a little more
of the grains of sand falling in my hourglass.

Time adds lines to my face, depth to my soul and prompts me to
be careful how I use this fleeting gift called life.
I really can’t despair because I do believe “my times are in His
Hand.” These feelings tell me I need to yield a just little bit more?

As I enjoyed my vacation, I realized just how busy I have been this year MW 7/31/02

No comments: